We are absolutely loving watching what Reese does and hearing the things she has to say. She impresses me with her new phrases and actions each and every day.
For starters, she has been in her toddler bed for at least a month now. She has actually done quite well and only took about a week and two roll outs (on to a pillow on the floor) to transition. Now, she loves (almost every night) to crawl up into her big girl bed and get all tucked in. She gives the biggest kisses and hugs before telling us good night and sweet dreams.
Speaking of big hugs and kisses, Reese loves to love on us, GiGi, MaMoo, Grandma Pat and most people who she is saying goodbye to when departing. I get the best hugs of all! Tonight we sat in the yard (going outside after dinner every night has become a ritual) and she crawled into my lap and just hugged me and hugged me. We rocked and loved making Daddy jealous. I told Reese she better get up and play catch with Daddy before he began to feel left out.
Sometimes she gets into bed with us during the night (which we love because she is so cuddly) and when she wakes up she will grab my arm and put it around her so we can snuggle. If I move it to readjust, she will put it right back. I love it!!!
The other day she dropped something on the floor at Mom's house as the three of us sat at the table. "Sorry guys!" she replied. How funny is that? I don't know where she gets these phrases, but it made me laugh and I was quite impressed that she knew to say "guys" for me and Mom. She did it again tonight for me and Matt.
She is also very polite saying please, thank you, you're welcome, bless you, etc. But what was funny was when she said to me, "Thank you, thank you, thaanks."
We have experienced some not so pleasant moments too...she is a two year old after all. Getting dressed for one can be a big challenge. Granted if we let her wear a Dora t-shirt every day she is fine, but we only own two of those which leaves 5 more days in the week. Some days she ends up in time out twice before we leave the house. One day I put her in the car seat without a shirt and let her teachers handle it once she got to school (she did have a jacket on...I didn't let her go totally bare). They had an equally tough time getting her shirt on even after giving her choices! Yes, everyone says "oh give her choices". I say "yeah right, that doesn't work either!" Some days she doesn't want to wear anything at all choices or not. However, she has been doing better lately. Matt always manages to get her to do what he wants better than I can. The latest thing is letting her pick the socks she wears...yes they may not match her outfit, but she is happy! That is fine with me because for the longest time, she would not wear socks at all. When we picked her up from school, her shoes would be full of sand and she would get tiny blisters on her feet from the strap rubbing against her skin.
Back to the really fun stuff. Reese loves to narrate everything we do. Mommy is putting on her flip flops. Daddy is taking a shower. I just love to hear her talk to see what she will say next. She is so observant. Reese will notice an airplane in the sky that I can hardly see. She never misses the tiniest detail. If you don't pay attention, you will miss it, but Reese won't.
Her favorite movie and the only one we ever watch is "Cars". Luckily I love it about as much as Reese does, so I don't mind that we turn it on every day. When the movie is over, she will talk about the characters and tell me what Doc did or what McQueen said.
Reese still loves to sing and dance. She can really get down and boogie! Moving her shoulders and all. On Saturday, she was singing Happy Birthday to no one in particular. It was crystal clear. I am guessing they sing it a lot at school and in music class for all of the kids birthdays. Her notes from school say that she knows the words to the songs they sing and now I have heard it myself.
She loves to try new things and do everything herself. It's fun to watch her become independent. Sometimes she tries to run the show, but Matt and I make a good team and have learned how to handle the tantrums when she doesn't get her way. Getting down on her level and looking her in the eye works well as does timeout and distraction if she just won't calm down. For the most part, she listens and minds us very well.
I could honestly go on and on, but I'll save more for next time!
Reese and I spent Mother's Day with GiGi as Matt was in San Antonio. We spent the night on Saturday and woke up early for GiGi's yummy waffles. It was a lovely day. When Matt got home, we ate Greek food at Niki Niko's. Next weekend we will all get together again with Mom, Grandma Ruth and Pat at Aunt Sharon's for a bbq.
No comments:
Post a Comment