Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Rodeo Season

The rodeo is here again! Reese loves the rodeo as much as I do! I have fond memories of going with Amanda every year to multiple concerts back when she was single and neither of us had kiddos. Rodeo season was also Matt's busy season, so I always needed something to do and when the rodeo came to town that is what we did. Reese has been asking about when the rodeo was coming back to Houston ever since we took her last year. She couldn't wait for March to get here.

On Monday it was rodeo picture day. The night before she told me we had to get her hat, bandanna and boots. Mind you, she was not so into these items last year, but this year the outfit was her idea. She said, "I have to wear my rodeo clothes!" I thought the hat might be too small, but she was going to wear it no matter what!


Today, Matt and I took the day off and spent the day with Reese and Lane. We started with breakfast at Buffalo Grille then headed out to the fair grounds around 12:30. Reese wanted to take her My Little Pony but had to give her earrings (sparkling gem stickers) first.



Ready to rodeo!



We rode the Metro rail again, which Reese was also super excited to do. Lane on the other hand was not so sure about it, but he did fine.


Reese couldn't wait to get to the rides and the ponies! We arrived about 1:00 p.m. and I was hungry. Reese was like, "I'm not hungry!" She just wanted to get to the fun part.


After a quick bite to eat we went to the carnival rides. Reese remembered everything from last year and wanted to ride the same attractions.




Lane was feeling left out. He wants to do EVERYTHING that Reese does and for the most part he can do most of them. We let him try and if he can do it great! But of course he is too small for the rides, so he wanted to walk and touch all the dirty things! The fair is fun, but all I can see are the germs! ;)


After riding the Jeeps and Dizzy Dragons (she told me that the dragons "were sure dizzy" and "our dragon was the dizziest" we went inside to the livestock.

The Pony ride was our first stop after a picture with the milk bottle (because we did that last year and Reese remembered).


I told Reese she is so pretty and she truly is, isn't she!


What a doll - she selected this attire as well (sequin butterfly shirt with bandanna and butterfly skirt plus the hat and boots). It came together so well and is such a cute outfit! She got a lot of compliments on her boots. Wish I had a pair too!


As we waited patiently in line for our turn to ride a pony, Reese saw Gem, the white horse and knew that was the one she wanted to ride. She later told me that riding the pony was her favorite part of the day. The she said that her pony Gem was the fastest!


She did so great all by herself!


In the meantime, Matt walked with Lane. Poor baby he was tired and bored. He just wanted to walk and explore. Once we got him back in the jogger he did fine, but never went to sleep until we got back in the car to head home.


We didn't stay too terribly long. Once Reese did all the things she wanted to do she was ready to go. We bought her a souvenir which was a fabric red barn with a horse, cow, pig and sheep. She was content and wanted to get home to play with them! See her holding the cow!


Back on the Metro just in time before the sprinkles began (it never did rain though it looked like it would).


Lane looks a little blurry - I think his finger prints are on the lens. The camera is his new obsession (and sometimes it is not worth the fuss, so I let him play with it).



When we got home Lane got his turn to ride the horse (well it's a giraffe maybe, but Lane still says "ney" when he rides it because let's face it - it does look like a rocking horse).

He can climb up and down on his own.


And he knows how to push the ear to make a sound of children laughing.


He loves it!



Tomorrow Reese has the petting zoo at school and on Friday Amanda and I are doing our annual rodeo concert. This year we are seeing Reba!

1 comment:

Allie said...

They are getting so big!! I absolutely love love her boots!!! ADORABLE!! Looks like a fun day! We have not made it out there yet...