I had my last 4 week visit today. It started with a little confusion (i.e. lack of proper forms to take my glucose test), but I remained calm as I traveled from Quest Diagnostics to the OGA lab to the nurses station and back to Quest where I drank the super sweet orange drink. I had 5 minutes to get it down. It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that great either. I had to be back in exactly 1 hour after drinking the concoction which gave me just enough time to visit Dr. Leeds-Richter.
My visit went well. Here are the stats:
My weight was good (except one scale quoted me as gaining 6 lbs and another scale said 3 lbs, so I'm going with the lower of the two!)
My blood pressure was good
Reese's heartbeat was 151/minute
I am measuring at 28 (I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow)
From here on out, I will go in every 2 weeks (until the end when I go once a week, I think)
I'll get to see Dr. Leeds-Richter once more, two weeks from now, before she goes on leave to have her baby. While she is out, I will see Dr. Firpo. I've only heard good things about her; my friends who do not see Richter, see Firpo.
..As I write this post, Reese is making all kinds of movements. She is getting so active; sometimes I'm even taken aback by the poking and prodding I feel inside my belly. She really cracks me up when one of her body parts (which I cannot identify yet) pooches out making my round belly uneven...
So after my appointment, I went back to Quest for blood work. I was very strong; I didn't even have to lay down this time. If all goes well, it will be my last time to draw blood. Yay! I'll get my results sometime next week. Here's hoping I do not have gestational diabetes.
Matt has been painting Reese's room in the evenings. It's looking good!
On Friday, Matt, Mom and I are heading to Abilene for my first baby shower. I can't wait! It'll be great to see all of my family and friends. Stay tuned for pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment