Reese has been doing so much lately I'm afraid I may forget something . . . Let's see she has . . .
- Acted like she was blowing her nose with Kleenex. Twice now she has grabbed a tissue from the box and held it up to her nose and made a blowing sound. I thought it was pretty funny. I didn't think any of us blew our nose that often for her to notice and mimic it. Amazing what she picks up on.
- For most of Reese's 15 months of life my chest has been her comfort zone. I guess now that she is getting bigger and stronger I really notice because she can get quite hasty. She loves to pull my shirt down and stick her hand in. It can be hard to stay covered up! She especially likes to do this in the middle of the night or when she is tired and ready for a nap or bedtime.
- She also buries her head in my chest when acting shy (don't all kids do this?). I love it!
- Finally figured out it is fun to walk everywhere and has not crawled in at least 3 days. She also loves to walk and talk. She goes all over the house talking away.
- The past few days she will stand and pivot on one foot in a circle.
- Reaches and asks (grunts) for her milk and drinks well out of her sipy cup.
- Loves to play with doors. She will open and close them over and over. Luckily she has not smashed her fingers yet. We always tell her to watch her fingers.
- Loves to play on the front porch and walk in and out of the front door. See pictures in post above.
- Loves to find Grandma in her room. She will walk from one end of the house (our room) to the other (through her room and the hallway past the bathroom) to seek out her Grandma. Then she'll push the door open like she is saying, "Hey Grandma, I'm here!"
- Likes to watch T.V. from the reflection in Grandma's vanity mirror. At first Grandma thought she just liked to look at herself, but I said, "No, she is watching T.V."
- Speaking of T.V., Reese likes to watch Sesame Street in the mornings. I love Saturday mornings when I get to cuddle with her and watch while we both wake up before breakfast.
- Sleeps well in her bed until 2:00 a.m. or so then she wants in bed with us (I know, this habit is hard to break...I thought I was supposed to follow one of those books better that said not to do this). Last night she kept sticking her arm down my shirt and banging her head against mine, so I decided to put her back in her bed. Unfortunately that didn't last and she ended up back in bed with me. Luckily she fell asleep fairly quickly so I could too. Oh well, I must admit, I enjoy cuddling with her and watching and hearing her sleep next to me.
- She has my rosy cheeks which we lotion multiple times a day. When I was her age, mine looked exactly the same and I remember my Mom putting cream on my cheeks at night.
- She has her daddy's soft clammy feet (I had to post this because it is so true). If she goes without socks her little feet pick up everything on the floor.
- She does not like wearing her $13.00 bows anymore! I bought two brand new bows for Easter and Scott's wedding and she will not have anything to do with them. As soon as I place them on her head she reaches up and yanks them off. The headband size is supposed to go up to 4 years, so maybe the money will not be a total waste.
- She has given me more open mouthed kisses. Oh how I love them! I hope she gives Daddy one soon.
- She is super ticklish under her chin, on her belly and her back and Reese snorts when she laughs. It is so funny. I wonder if she will always be a snorter? Fine by me.
Like I have said before, Grandma loves dressing Reese for the day. I love coming home for lunch to see what cute outfit she has on and I usually pull out the camera.
These are the shots I got during lunch on Reese's 15 month birthday. I love these Hanna Andersson floppy hats (she has a pink one too). She and Grandma were heading out for a walk while I headed back to work. Sometimes I just want to stay home and go with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment