Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tutu's and Puma's ~ Easter Weekend

Last night after Reese's bath she and I were playing on my bed. I was tickling her and giving her kisses and I said, "Can mommy have a kiss?". She opened her mouth wide and leaned into my face giving me my first official Mommy Kiss. She gave me three more and then I took her into Grandma's room to show what she could do and I got two more kisses from Reese. So now Reese knows what to do when I say, "Give mommy a kiss". She gave me another one this morning before I left for work!

On Friday night, Grandma, Reese and I went to dinner with Mom, Sam and his best friend Bill Scruggs. Bill came and spent the whole week with Sam. They had a great time and it really lifted Sam's spirits. Sam is doing well. He finished radiation on this lung last week and had chemo yesterday. We'll know how the radiation did in another week or so. Hopefully it did not damage his heart or anything else.

Matt got home from Fayetteville on Saturday morning after being gone all week. We were so glad to have him home! He and Reese spent the day together while Grandma, Mom and I did a little shopping. Reese has recently decided she doesn't enjoy long shopping trips which involve strollers and elevators, so we didn't take her along.

Look at the cute outfit Matt picked out for her to wear on Saturday! I was impressed he wanted her to wear her yellow tutu! Don't you love it?

They went to the park where Reese did a lot of walking and exploring.





They also ran errands, went to Kroger and Chick-Fil-A.
Here she is before bedtime running around the living room pushing her walking toy.

Sometimes she gets going so fast that she slips and slides, but it doesn't slow her down!

We went to church with Scott, Lauren, Chris and Christina. It was packed! We snapped a few pictures before we left the house. Reese found her Easter basket and was intrigued. She has started doing this puckered lip smile which I adore.

The night before, Matt and I filled the eggs with Cheerios, Raisins, Dried Cranberries, Goldfish and Toddler Cookies.


Today she discovered the goodies inside the eggs and treated herself to raisin and cookie snack before dinner. She cracks me up because she stuffs the entire quarter sized cookie in her mouth and has the other in her hand ready to go when she finishes the first.


Reese took a nap with her Daddy after church, while Grandma and I prepared our side dishes for Easter lunch at Mom and Sam's.

We never got to hunting eggs on Sunday as Reese was a bit fussy in the afternoon. I think she had a tummy ache. However, she loved sporting her new Puma's that I bought for her during our Saturday shopping excursion.




Scott and Lauren brought Reese her Easter basket Sunday evening; it had candy called "The Reester". How perfect is that?


We didn't see Matt's parents this past weekend, but Scott and Lauren's wedding is April 25th so we'll see everyone then. The plan is to spend the weekend in Conroe as the wedding is at Bentwater. We can't wait!


Other Reese updates . . .


We weaned her off her two daytime bottles and replaced one of them with a late afternoon snack. So that leaves us with the morning and night time bottles. This morning, Reese woke up and didn't immediately cry for her bottle, so I changed her and let her play while I got ready. She found her paci which seemed to satisfy her. It was almost too easy (but I really shouldn't be writing about it as I may jinx it)! Grandma fed her an early breakfast and Reese didn't realize what she missed. I must admit I have been stressing a bit about getting her off the bottle because her pediatrician wanted her off by 15 months which is next week. I think we are doing well, and I'm ok with keeping the night bottle a bit longer. Maybe it will be easier than I think to wean her off that one too. We shall see.

A couple of weeks ago Reese had fever and I figured she must be teething, but I never saw any teeth until yesterday. During one of our tickle fests, I saw a new tooth on the top, left, back of her mouth. Ah hah!


Reese talks a lot, but we still haven't really heard any words yet. Sometimes it sounds like she says Hi or Bye, but most of the time I just hear a lot of jabber. She knows exactly what she is saying, but we don't. That doesn't stop us from having conversations with her. I talk and she talks back to me. I know she understands what we are saying. For example, she knows what "No ma'am" means and sometimes cries when we tell her no. Cute.


I also discovered how to get her into her high chair without a fight. She was on this back arching kick which made it difficult to place her in the chair when it was time to eat. If I give her a Goldfish or Raisin she gets distracted and doesn't mind sitting in her chair.

No comments: