When Reese was 2.5 or so, I knew I needed to prepare her for going to the dentist. She has never liked going to the pediatrician, so I was worried the first dental appointment would be hard. To prepare, I bought the book "Dora goes to the Dentist." I think it helped or maybe Reese is just getting bigger and able to handle things better. Either way, I am glad she had a good experience.
We went on the morning of January 26
th, a week after her 3rd birthday. We took her book and crayons to entertain her while in the waiting room.

She sat in the examination chair like a big girl!

And she let the
hygienist count her 20 teeth and polish and floss them. I was so proud of her! She did so great.

The dentist said her teeth look great and all we need to do is start flossing every night as her molars are touching. We found that flossing with the picks is easier because you can get in and out of her little mouth quickly. Reese likes "to try" and does a good job. We'll be back for her next cleaning in July.
This past Thursday, Matt took Reese to her 3 year check up with the pediatrician. The appointment went well and Reese didn't cry when Dr. Miller came in like she has in the past. I think the fact that she has seen Lane visit the doctor has helped her overcome her fear. Dr. Miller always told me Reese would love her one day. I've always loved Dr. Miller - she is the best! So, Reese got one pneumococcal vaccination and weighs 34 lbs 5 0z (80%) and is 3' 3.25" tall (88%). Way to go Reese.
No comments:
Post a Comment