Last Monday, I found Reese snoozing on Grandma when I got home from work. I just had to post this photo to compare how much Reese has grown in 9 months.
Reese at 30 inches . . .
Reese at 20 inches . . .and it's like Grandma couldn't tell the difference. She still loves to hold baby girl for naps on occasion and so do I!
As I was preparing for Reese's bath on Monday night, the plug came out of her baby tub. I was too lazy to put it back in, and I also took it as a sign that Reese was ready for a bath in the big tub. And oh was she ready! I was a little timid as I worried she may find the big tub too daunting, but I was so wrong. She practically jumped out of my arms and into the tub and would have played all night if I would have let her.
She splashed like there was no tomorrow and would crawl all over the tub slipping and sliding around. She really took an interest in the drain plug and had let most of the water out of the tub by the end of her bath.
We giggled so loud Grandma could hear us in her room.
And then on Friday night (Halloween), Reese stood up in her bed! She was fussy and wouldn't go down, so I finally put her in the crib and snuck out. I noticed she was very quiet, but when I went to check on her I could hear her making noise, so I turned on the hall light and peaked in to find her standing up at the end of her bed. Turns out she also needed a diaper change; I swear this child is a genius. She will not go down if she has a tummy ache. It's like she is determined to go "poop" before she goes down. ;) I am glad we lowered her bed when we did and started pulling up the rail every time!
The next day I snapped a few pictures of her in the act (of pulling up, not pooping).
I'm a big girl now!
Ok, so I've gotten a head of myself in the post. The rest of Halloween is coming up soon.
Grandma kept Adeline again last week and Reese has decided she loves Adeline's aquarium bouncer. It lights up and makes bubble and soothing noises. I am pretty fond of it myself. It's way better than itsy bitsy spider.
The only problem is that it's light weight so you have to sit beside her and hold the bouncer down so it will not topple over onto Reesie.
Ah, back to Halloween, the pre-pulling up activities.
Mom came over after work and we hung out with Reese and played until it was time to dress her up in her ballerina costume. After lots of searching and little finding, I decided to put together her costume myself. We had the tutu from Karsyn's birthday party and I found tights at Target (I should have bought the cupcake tights that Wendy is so fond of, but I didn't) and a cute black onesie at Children's place. I already had the black and white bow, so it worked out well. I thought she was super cute.
The pumpkin pail is bigger than Reese.
Matt was able to trick or treat with us before heading back to Fort Worth for the weekend. He has been very busy at work filing the Q and that on top of his almost back to back trips to Fort Worth have given us little family time. He should wrap up this week!
As I snapped this shot someone yelled "Obama" down the street and Reese's eyes seemed to glance that way.
We had a ton of kids running around the neighborhood and lots of visitors came to our street. Reese enjoyed the sight seeing. Mom handed out candy at our house while we took a walk down the block and back for Reese's first "trick or treat".
Look at all of the candy she got.
On Saturday, Mom, Grandma, Reese and I went to lunch at PF Chang's before doing more shopping. I'm in the market for a pair of tall brown boots. I still haven't found the perfect pair, but I did find some nice pumps. It's always been true that I shop more when Matt works more. Too bad his paychecks don't include overtime. ;)
Here is Reese at PF Chang's.
Mom came back over on Sunday and we took Reese for a walk to the park for some swing time.
I took a sick day today as Reese has still not gotten over her cold which started last weekend. It's gotten worse and she ran a low grade fever all day Sunday. I seem to have caught her cold, but I'm trying everything to fight it off. I took her to the doctor this morning, but we left empty handed. Doc thinks her top teeth are the culprit and have most likely prolonged the cold. If she is not better in a week we'll go back. I hope she gets over it soon. We are all loosing much sleep as Reese is up and down, can't breathe and has been sharing our bed. I don't mind it, but seriously we all get less sleep when she is tossing and kicking all night. Get better soon baby love.
Reese did seem to feel better this afternoon . . . she has started this new tongue thing when she is concentrating on something. Actually, she did this almost all day today. (As I reviewed this post, I see that she was doing this in the tub too)
I really enjoyed the day with Reese. Once we were both feeling better, I took her for a walk and back to the park. She swang and giggled. It was the most fun!
And finally, as you all know, more mobility means more boo-boos. Isn't it strange how they seem to happen right before your eyes and you are never quick enough to intervene? She got a little boo-boo at Mom's by slipping on the coffee table and bumping her top gum. It bled quite a bit, but was over pretty fast and Reese is a-ok! We try to watch her every move and be a close as we can to make sure she doesn't slip and fall. But I know, I know, it's all a part of it. I also know I can do my best to try and keep the boo-boos to a minimum by baby proofing and thinking ahead as to what could happen.
2 comments:
HI!
Cute halloween outfit - I'm glad she got to wear the tutu! (and yes the tights would have been cute with the costme - ha ha!)
I understand about the boo-boos! Karsyn had her fair share, but I figure its part of them growing up and learning. And seriously, babies have the highest pain tolerance - its amazing how many times they can fall and bang themselves and go right on as if nothing happened!
I hope we get to see you guys soon!
Wendy
you did have milestones lady! adorable ones! I fully expect Elly to comment here as you mention her FAVORITE eating place, and if Em read blogs she'd have to say... yeah for Children's Place! Fun post Adrienne...thanks for letting me see how wonderful your world is.
Post a Comment