Afterwards, I went to the Galleria to find Reese a pair of shoes for her Christmas dress and found a pair of red patent leather pedipeds. I was looking for black, but the red stole my heart (and I couldn't find black; apparently if you do not have your Christmas outfit purchased by Halloween you may be out of luck because it's all on sale and picked over before Thanksgiving...another new mom lesson learned).
By the time I got home around 2:00, it was time to start baking. Grandma and I took turns in the kitchen as she was preparing the dressing and giblet gravy while I was making red velvet cupcakes (I was also supposed to make a pumpkin pie, but it didn't happen).
Here are some pictures of Reese and me baking cupcakes.
The cupcakes were a hit and Aunt Sharon has already asked for the recipe, so I thought I would share it with you all too!
McCormick Red Velvet Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Frosting:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 bottle (1 oz.) McCormick Red Food Color
2 tsp. McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
Vanilla Cream Frosting
Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Mix sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla and add to butter mixture. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed just until blended. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Spread with frosting. Makes 30.
McCormick Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat 1 package (8 oz.) softened cream cheese, 4 tbsp. softened butter, 2 tbsp. sour cream, and 2 tsp. vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1 box (16 oz.) confectioners' sugar on medium speed until smooth.
We spent Thanksgiving Day at Aunt Sharon's house in Conroe with Mom, Sam, Grandma Ruth, Pat, Joe, Chris, Christina, Scott, Lauren, Andy, Nita, Harvey, Mary and Aunt Sharon.
Reese playing with Lauren and Scott.
Reese sat in her booster chair for the first time and did great! We gave her mashed potatoes for the first time too. She seemed to like the first two bites, but spit out the third. The next day we fed her more, but mixed them with her other food and she gobbled them up.
On Friday, we spent the morning decorating the Christmas tree. We dressed Reese up in her first Christmas outfit which I found online (thanks to Wendy) at www.littlebopeepbowtique.etsy.com.
We played Christmas music and decorated the morning away.

Oooh, Wendy's purse!

Reese was very patient with us as she had to sit in her jumper most of the time so she would not get into the ornaments. Here she is trying to decide whether or not she like my placement of ornaments. Mom, over to the left a little!

The finished product! And surprisingly enough, Reese has not tried to get to it yet. We have the trunk blocking it, so I hope she will remain uninterested.
The finished product! And surprisingly enough, Reese has not tried to get to it yet. We have the trunk blocking it, so I hope she will remain uninterested.
Karsyn and Reese had a blast playing together. Reese really took to Karsyn and enjoyed the playmate.
Aren't they the cutest girls?!
Oooh, Wendy's purse!
Let's see what you've got in here Reese!
Afterwards, we went to Mom and Sam's for more Turkey and Dressing. Reese fell asleep on the way over and cuddled with Matt when we arrived.

It didn't take her long to perk up and notice all of the Christmas decorations at Mom's house. I love the way Mom and Sam decorate; it's so fun and festive and really gets me in the spirit! 




It didn't take her long to perk up and notice all of the Christmas decorations at Mom's house. I love the way Mom and Sam decorate; it's so fun and festive and really gets me in the spirit!
Later that night, I snapped this shot of Reese playing in front of the mirror in Grandma's room.

On Saturday morning, we woke up bright and early to get ready for our 10:00 appointment at Sears Portrait Studio. I was afraid it may be an all day affair (again) and indeed it was. Reese did not want to get dressed in her frilly tights, dress and new red shoes. By the time we got out of the door, she was tired and fussy and the day had just begun. To digress a bit . . . She is teething, so these past few days have been hard on her. I've also noticed that the inside of her upper and lower lips are peeling like she is biting on them. Ironically, this is one of my bad habits and it's weird to see Reese having the same symptoms. I haven't seen her bite/chew her lips, but I can see the proof.
We arrived on time for the appointment, but didn't start until almost 11:00 and by that time Reese was tired, so we only got a few family portraits when we had to break and come back at 3:30.
On Saturday morning, we woke up bright and early to get ready for our 10:00 appointment at Sears Portrait Studio. I was afraid it may be an all day affair (again) and indeed it was. Reese did not want to get dressed in her frilly tights, dress and new red shoes. By the time we got out of the door, she was tired and fussy and the day had just begun. To digress a bit . . . She is teething, so these past few days have been hard on her. I've also noticed that the inside of her upper and lower lips are peeling like she is biting on them. Ironically, this is one of my bad habits and it's weird to see Reese having the same symptoms. I haven't seen her bite/chew her lips, but I can see the proof.
We arrived on time for the appointment, but didn't start until almost 11:00 and by that time Reese was tired, so we only got a few family portraits when we had to break and come back at 3:30.
Matt was unable to come back with us, but thankfully Mom was able to help out. Here is a sneak peek of Reese's first Christmas portraits . . . I don't want to show them all to you and spoil the Christmas card.
Reese loved the Red balls!




Matt had a great idea, to get a picture of her in her pj's. We just love how she looks each morning when she wakes up, so capturing her in pajama's will always remind us of those moments.
She is waiting for Santa!
This afternoon, Chad, Jennifer and Brady came over and we went to the park. Reese swung and swung, but I forgot my camera. Here she is in her toboggan.

Later, I finally dressed Reese in her leggings. I have had these since my baby shower, but hadn't tried them until now. She is also wearing her new Hanna Andersson www.hannaandersson.com sock shoes that Wendy gave her on Saturday. Thanks Wendy! These are so cute and she wore them all day!
Here is Reese trying to change the cd.


2 comments:
I'm glad she likes her shoes-socks! Karsyn can't live without hers! It was so good to see you guys - hopefully we get to see you again this weekend!
cupcake recipe sounds great... thanks for sharing... I'm gonna put it on our family recipe blog if that's okay? we love the tried and true ones that folks ask for after trying!
the red ball picture is wonderful!!!!
Post a Comment